Help promote New York Blood Center's daily blood drives by airing the public service announcements below. For broadcast-ready files, please contact Victoria O'Neill at email@example.com.
Blood transfusion recipients, Heather and Rafaello, speak about their experiences with New York Blood Center and the need to donate blood.
- Script (30 seconds):
Do you want to help others? Then roll up your sleeves and become a blood donor today. Ten minutes is all it takes to give blood – to save a life. New York Blood Center has donor centers in your neighborhood and hosts almost 50 blood drives a day. Donate today, because when doctors reach for a lifesaving unit, it just might be yours. Make your appointment at NYBloodCenter.org or call 1-800-933-BLOOD.
- Play and download 30-second mp3 file (606 KB)
- Heather speaks about her emergency blood transfusions and surgeries, thanking her blood donors, doctors and NYBC.
- Now in remission, Rafaello speaks about his recovery from Leukemia with the help of blood donors and NYBC.
- Regular blood transfusions helped Stacey claim her life back after a childhood diagnosis of sickle-cell anemia.
Automated Red Cell Donation
- Animated video detailing Automated Red Cell Donation, the high-tech way to whole blood donation that saves two lives with one donation.
- Animated video detailing the “Core 4″ blood types (O-, O+, A-, B-).