Beryl A. Koblin, PhD
Head, Laboratory of Infectious Disease Prevention
Member, Lindsley F. Kimball Research Institute
Dr. Koblin’s research is focused on finding ways to prevent HIV infection through testing potential HIV vaccines and other biomedical interventions and developing preventive interventions. Her research has addressed understanding the changing epidemiology of HIV infection among populations at risk in the United States, critical for designing and targeting interventions for both primary and secondary prevention. Based on the groundwork of these epidemiologic studies, Dr. Koblin has been involved in conducting numerous randomized trials of behavioral and biomedical HIV prevention interventions among multiple populations. In response to the ever growing racial disparities in HIV infection in the US, Dr. Koblin’s has been involved in studies focused on understanding the HIV epidemic and developing and testing HIV prevention interventions among US Blacks.
Phone: +1 (212) 570-3105
- Eddie Bravo, AS, Recruitment Associate
- Debbie Lucy, MS, Director of Clinical Studies
- Geneva Ortiz, AA, Senior Project Associate
- Jermaine McCrossin, Recruitment Specialist
- London Miles, BS, Recruitment Associate
- Kiwan Stewart, BPS, Senior Counselor
- Angela Lomax, BSN, Clinician
- Tarashon Broomes, DNP, APRN, AGNP-C, Research Clinician
- DaShawn Usher, BS, Manager – Community Engagement
- Tasha Vazquez, BS, Specialist
- Hong Van Tieu, MD, Associate Member
- R01HD078595 NICHD/NIH PI: Koblin 8/13-3/18 "Using technology to match young Black MSM to HIV testing options"
- NYS AIDS Institute PI: Koblin 3/16 – 2/17 "PEP knowledge, access and use among at risk populations in New York City"
- R34 MH108437 NIMH/NIH PI: Teitelman/Koblin 08/16 – 7/19 " Developing a Women-Focused PrEP Intervention for HIV Prevention"
- UM1AI069470 NIAID/NIH PI: Hammer/El-Sadr 2/07-11/20 "Columbia Partnership for Prevention and Control of HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Unit
- UM1AI068614 NIAID/NIH PI: Corey 12/15-11/16 (yearly renewal until 2020) "Scientific Leadership: HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN)"
- R01DA038108 NIDA/NIH PI: Frye 9/14-8/17 "Testing an Intervention to Increase HIV Self-Testing among Young Black MSM"
- R01MH106380 NIMH/NIH PI: Golub 12/15-11/16 (yearly renewal) "Preparing for Implementation of Sustained Release Antivirals for HIV Prevention
- U01MD011279 NIMHD/NIH PI: Schnall/Garofalo 07/16-06/21 " A Pragmatic Clinical Trial of MyPEEPS Mobile to Improve HIV prevention Behaviors in Diverse Adolescent MSM"
Education and Training
PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health