- Lab access through electronic cards is being approved to LFKRI research staff on an individual basis by the flow lab and LFKRI Security Department. Access will be provided starting from the training period.
- External users gain access to the lab during regular work hours by the staff of the Facility.
- Internal users booking is submitted through Pulse. Instructions on how to use the calendar will be provided upon request.
- External users booking of the instruments is made through the flow personnel.
- Sorting is booked through the flow personnel.
- Please make your appointment minimum 2-3 days in advance. If you call on the same day of your experiment, we cannot guarantee the availability of the instrument.
- New sorter users and users starting a new sorting project need to fill out the Biohazard Sorting Application Form and submit it before the first appointment (see “Forms”). You should give at least a 24 hour notice if you need to cancel a sorting appointment.
- New ImageStream users and users starting a new project need to fill out the ImageStream Experimental Evaluation Form before the first appointment (see”Forms”).
Data Storage and Transfer
- Users are required to store their own copies of their data by saving experiments to the NYBC server. For external users data transfer will be handled by the flow staff. As a courtesy the Core Lab is keeping a backup of raw data on a dedicated server for researchers of LFKRI.
- Do not use your own mass storage devices, unless discussed with the flow personnel.
Publications and Grant Applications
- To assure the correct interpretation and description of flow cytometry data generated at the Flow Core Facility, the Facility advises approval of the manuscript by the Facility before submission.
- For publications that include data generated at the FACS Core Facility, the facility should be acknowledged. Acknowledgement of the facility is of great importance for us to obtain inside and outside funding.
- Suggested acknowledgement: “Flow cytometry / cell sorting was performed at the Flow Cytometry Core Facility, LFKRI, New York Blood Center, New York, NY”.
- A pdf file of the paper should be sent to the facility at firstname.lastname@example.org. The title, authors and journal will be published on the homepage.