Hong Van Tieu, MD
Head, Laboratory of Infectious Disease Prevention
Associate Member, Lindsley F. Kimball Research Institute
As an Infectious Diseases physician cross-trained in epidemiology at the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, Dr. Tieu has a strong research interest in HIV epidemiology (in particular, the intersection of social and sexual networks, drug use, and HIV risk), biomarkers of HIV risk, and HIV biomedical prevention interventions, including HIV vaccine and injectable pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to prevent HIV infection.
- Eddie Bravo, AS, Recruitment Associate
- Tarashon Broomes, DNP, APRN, AGNP-C, Research Clinician
- Jay Loeffel, Jay Loeffel, MEd, MPA Senior Administrator
- Angela Lomax, BSN, Clinician
- Debbie Lucy, MS, Director of Clinical Studies
- Ashton McGown, BS, Program Coordinator
- Jermaine McCrossin, BS, Senior Recruitment Specialist
- London Miles, BS, Recruitment Associate
- Geneva Ortiz, AA, Senior Project Associate
- Kiwan Stewart, BPS, Senior Counselor
- DaShawn Usher, BS, Manager – Community Engagement
- Tasha Vazquez, BS, Administrator
- NIH R56MH112401 Tieu (PI) 9/2017 – 8/2018 "Influence of Neighborhoods and Networks on the HIV Care Continuum among HIV-infected MSM in NYC"
- UM1 AI0569470 NIH/NIAID Hammer/El-Sadr (PI); Tieu (NYBC Sub-contract PI) 2/2007-11/2020 "HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN) Clinical Studies
- UM1 A1068619 NIH/ NIAID Cohen/El-Sadr (PI); Tieu (NYBC Sub-contract PI) 1/2015 - 11/2020 “HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN)"
- R01HD078595 NICHD/NIH Koblin (PI) 8/2013-3/2018 "Using technology to match young Black MSM to HIV testing options"
- R34 MH108437 NIMH/NIH Teitelman/Koblin (PI) 08/2016 – 7/2019 " Developing a Women-Focused PrEP Intervention for HIV Prevention"
- UM1AI068614 NIAID/NIH Corey (PI) 12/2015-11/2020 "Scientific Leadership: HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN)"
- R01DA038108 NIDA/NIH Frye (PI) 9/2014-8/2018 "Testing an Intervention to Increase HIV Self-Testing among Young Black MSM"
Education and Training
MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine