NYBC would like to challenge Volunteer Leaders to think about their role in an expanded context. Most of you have worked to help promote the need for blood at your organizations and in the community and that effort will remain paramount. With that being said, Volunteer Leaders will be asked to use their influence to help on several defined tracks. Your expertise and interest may cross tracks and I ask that each of you expand your relationship with NYBC.
When you meet again with members of NYBC I encourage you to start your discussion with ideas on how you can evolve the way that you support NYBC. As NYBC adapts to new challenges and landscapes, Volunteer Leaders must react in a similar fashion.
Volunteer Leadership Tracks:
- Fund Development - NYBC has taken steps to build a serious fund development function and assistance is needed to:
a. Help NYBC tell our story to potential funders in their circle and beyond.
b. Offer strategic advice on NYBC’s case and cultivation strategies
c. Identify prospects.
d. Host fundraising events on behalf of NYBC
- Mergers and Acquisitions – NYBC has recently acquired the Community Blood Center of Kansas City and assistance is needed to:
a. Setting integration priorities based on the merger's strategic rationale and goals
b. Articulating and communicating the deal's vision by merger leaders
c. Designing the new organization and operating plan
d. Assistance in understanding brand positioning and product growth opportunities
e. Communication with employees and the public
f. Strategic advice on possible future acquisitions.
- Logistics, Procurement, and Efficiencies – NYBC is a logistical operation who must deliver a menu of products and services to customers locally, nationally, and globally. Assistance is needed to:
a. Realize saving in all aspects of business
b. Utilize the latest technology to create efficiencies
c.Identification of new vendors or consulting services
- Marketing/Branding – NYBC’s interaction with the public is key to our mission and we should continually look to improve how we market and promote our needs for blood donation, hospital sales/services, consulting services, hemophilia, research, events, fundraising. Assistance is needed to:
a. Help elevate our brand in the marketplace
b.Develop digital marketing campaigns to attract next generation of blood donors
c. Assistance in promoting NYBC in new markets
d. Branding for new companies/ventures
e. Continuing to grow NYBC’s social media presence
- Digital – So many of our interactions are online. NYBC needs assistance:
a. Retelling our story to a digital audience
b.Using technology to improve business functions across the board
c. Better understand data to create new efficiencies.
d. Continuing to grow NYBC’s social media presence
- Human Resource/Employee Engagement – NYBC must continue to create an environment where employees are motivated by our mission and talent is retained/recruited. Assistance is needed to:
a. Offer advice on improving employee engagement
b. Help build a work at home policy
c. Help define staffing needs or potential areas where investment is needed.Designing a gain sharing program
- Recruitment of New Volunteers – NYBC’s Volunteer Leadership needs to remain vital and assistance is need:
a. To identify and help recruit new volunteers
b. Define how NYBC can best utilize volunteer leaders