NYBC Hematopoietic Stem Cell Services provide comprehensive support for bone marrow transplant physicians and their patients at hospitals throughout the tri-state area.
Clinical Apheresis Services
- Mobile peripheral blood stem cell apheresis collections.
- Medical expertise in essential mobilization protocols.
Cellular Therapy Laboratory
- Located at 310 East 67th Street, New York, NY, 10065.
- Provides state-of-the-art laboratory services to bone marrow transplant programs.
- FACT and AABB accredited.
- FDA registered, New York State Department of Health permitted.
- Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell (HPC) Products (HPC, Apheresis; HPC, Bone Marrow; HPC, Cord Blood), Donor Lymphocyte Infusions (DLI), and other therapeutic cell products as requested:
- Plasma reduction
- Red blood cell reduction
- CliniMACS cell enrichment and cell depletion procedures. Note: The procedures are currently not licensed and therefore require FDA approval (IND or compassionate use approval).
- Procedures requested by you and developed and validated in collaboration with our Directors and staff.
- Flow cytometry: CD 34+ cell enumeration, CD 3+ cell enumeration, viability (7AAD)
- Storage in liquid freezers electronically monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Parathyroid Tissue Cryopreservation and Storage
- Disease Specific Tissue Banking for Research
NYBC’S Cellular Therapy Laboratory is Unique
- Performs comprehensive laboratory procedures.
- Provides all documents required for donor and product qualification.
- Labels all products according to FDA, FACT, and AABB standards.
- Maintains rigorous quality assurance and control standards.
- Our Laboratory and Medical Directors are available to assist, consult, and provide you with documents necessary for regulatory compliance and FACT and AABB accreditation.
Experience and Quality is Key
- NYBC Cellular Therapy Laboratory provides complete service
- More than 20 years of experience.
- Processed more than 15,000 hematopoietic stem cell products.
- Found matches that resulted in 5,000 successful bone marrow transplants.
- Our Laboratory and Medical Directors’ training and experience exceed New York State, FACT, and AABB requirements.
- Skilled, highly trained, experienced, licensed technologists perform all procedures.
- Quality Assurance staff provides independent quality oversight.
- Trained couriers to transport HPC products to and from your facility and the CTL.
- We perform all purity and potency quality control assays:
- ABO/Rh, if applicable
- CD 34+ cell enumeration and viability by flow cytometry
- CD 3+ cell enumeration as applicable and or requested by the transplant physician
- Sterility: BacT Alert System
- Endotoxin (if requested by transplant physician)
- Your special testing needs
- Equipment and supplies are maintained under rigorous quality assurance protocols.
- Only clinical grade, sterile supplies and reagents are used.
- All reagents and supplies are carefully inspected and qualified prior to use.
- We track and trend infusion-related adverse events and engraftment data.
- We perform all equipment quality control and maintenance according to regulatory and FACT and AABB standards.
- Liquid nitrogen freezers are electronically monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our on-call technologist is available at all times to handle emergency procedures.
- We collaborate with you to develop and validate innovative procedures as needed by your program.
Why use New York Blood Center?
- Our staff is highly experienced with collections for specialized research protocols as well as collections for bone marrow transplantation. We are a major apheresis provider in the New York City area for the National Marrow Donor Program as well as for collections for Dendreon.
- 24-hour availability of therapeutic apheresis services.
- We can bring all equipment, supplies, and staffing directly to your facility. Alternatively, collections can be performed at one of our NYBC apheresis facilities located throughout the tri-state area.
- Our service maintains continuous accreditation by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy and the AABB. We meet all New York State and FDA regulations and any applicable IRB-related requirements.
- Standard or specialized cellular therapy processing and liquid nitrogen vapor storage can also be arranged through our on-site cellular therapy processing laboratory.
- We offer the latest, evidence-based apheresis techniques and technology.
Want more information?
Toll-Free: 866.956.NYBC (6922)
Cellular Therapy Laboratory: 212.570.3494